Download PDF by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson: A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell
By Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson
- An quite broad-ranging and obtainable Companion to the examine of yankee fiction of the post-civil warfare interval and the early 20th century Brings jointly 29 essays by means of most sensible students, each one of which offers a synthesis of the simplest study and provides an unique perspective
- Divided into sections on old traditions and genres, contexts and topics, and significant authors
- Covers a mix of canonical and the non-canonical issues, authors, literatures, and important approaches
- Explores cutting edge issues, akin to ecological literature and ecocriticism, children’s literature, and the impression of Darwin on fiction
Read or Download A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
With the expanding variety of books on modern fiction, there's a desire for a piece that examines whom we price, and why. those questions lie on the middle of this publication which, through concentrating on 4 novelists, literary and renowned, interrogates the canon over the past fifty years. The argument unfolds to illustrate that educational traits more and more keep an eye on canonicity, as do the calls for of style, the expanding commercialisation of literature, and the facility of the literary prize.
Seminar paper from the yr 2007 within the topic English Language and Literature stories - Literature, grade: 2,7, college of Münster (Englisches Seminar), path: Poetry of the seventeenth Century, 12 entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: this article is going to supply a quick survey at the heritage of the Sonnet.
This formidable and wide-ranging essay assortment analyses how identification and shape intersect in 20th- and twenty-first century literature. It revises and deconstructs the binary oppositions identity-form, content-form and body-mind via discussions of the position of the writer within the interpretation of literary texts, the ways that writers skip or include id politics and the functionality of id and the physique in shape.
In 1933, Northrop Frye was once a contemporary college graduate, starting to research his craft as a literary essayist. via 1963, with the booklet of The knowledgeable mind's eye, he had develop into a world educational superstar. within the intervening 3 many years, Frye wrote broadly and prodigiously, however it is within the papers and lectures amassed during this installment of the amassed Works of Northrop Frye, that the genesis of a unique literary critic could be obvious.
- AQA A Level English Literature B: Student Book eBook
- On The Prejudices, Predilections, and Firm Beliefs of William Faulkner (Southern Literary Studies)
- Edward Said (Routledge Critical Thinkers)
- Jung as a Writer
Additional info for A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson